Thread poster: Nathalie Coutelle
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:41
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sheila ... Dec 1, 2016

... knows more about it than I do, and I've been here for years! I didn't know they got half-price travel deals down there, either. All good advice, as usual.

As for the wish expressed elsewhere in the thread to "avoid" social security payments, hey, me too! - I'd love to avoid Spain's fully-fledged monthly 267.03 €, which was lifted from my bank account this very morning, but it's not an option, and I can't expect to have all the benefits in the country if I don't pay it. There's
... See more
... knows more about it than I do, and I've been here for years! I didn't know they got half-price travel deals down there, either. All good advice, as usual.

As for the wish expressed elsewhere in the thread to "avoid" social security payments, hey, me too! - I'd love to avoid Spain's fully-fledged monthly 267.03 €, which was lifted from my bank account this very morning, but it's not an option, and I can't expect to have all the benefits in the country if I don't pay it. There's no such thing as "free" healthcare benefits etc. - they're paid for by people's contributions in any country.

Mervyn

[Edited at 2016-12-01 13:01 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Becoming a freelance translator in Spain

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »