Off topic: Teach yourself Portuguese…
Auteur du fil: lanzarotti
lanzarotti
lanzarotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:08
italien vers anglais
+ ...
Aug 11, 2004

…well, almost! I actually love the “sound” of the language and would like to learn it just for the sake of understanding it! I live in a small town and do not have the time to reach the nearest city to attend courses, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good book + tape (or CD) or even an online course! I speak English and Italian (more or less bilingual), Russian (managed that one!) and have a basic knowledge of Spanish… any tips? I suppose it would be easier for me to find st... See more
…well, almost! I actually love the “sound” of the language and would like to learn it just for the sake of understanding it! I live in a small town and do not have the time to reach the nearest city to attend courses, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good book + tape (or CD) or even an online course! I speak English and Italian (more or less bilingual), Russian (managed that one!) and have a basic knowledge of Spanish… any tips? I suppose it would be easier for me to find stuff on European Portuguese as I live in Italy, but I so much love bossanova music… well, anything will do!
Cheers!
Collapse

Tomás Rosa Bueno
Tomás Rosa Bueno  Identity Verified
Brésil
Local time: 21:08
anglais vers portugais
+ ...
No exactly what you want, but it's a start Aug 11, 2004

Hi, Lanzarotti,

found this: www.portuguesonline.com/

It's for Spanish speakers, and I haven't seen what it is exactly. I'll ask around and get back to you if I find anything better.

Greetings from Pirenópolis,

Tomás

Martina Frey
Martina Frey
Allemagne
portugais vers allemand
+ ...
http://www.instituto-camoes.pt/cvc/aprender.html Aug 12, 2004

Hi Lanzarotti,

I would recommend this site.

Hope this helps.

Martina

Maria Luisa Duarte
Maria Luisa Duarte
Espagne
anglais vers portugais
+ ...
Learn Portuguese online by practicing with a native speaker from Portugal. Aug 14, 2004

Hi Lanzarotti!
I recomend you come and stay in Lisbon for a few months, but if you cannot, try the site enclosed:

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/Learn/Portuguese.asp

All the Best, um beijo e um abraço.
MLD

[Edited at 2004-08-14 17:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teach yourself Portuguese…

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »