Auteur du fil: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 16:57
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

A customer informs me I have been paid electronically for two invoices. Two? The second's not due yet, I thought. The customer being of that rare but welcome breed that not only pay on time, but send e-mails of their own volition to tell you about payment, I am not so surprised.

But wait, wait, what's the date? 1 April. Aha. After my dire Friday The Thirteenth warnings last time, when nothing bad happened in the end, I must be going paranoid, because my mind conjures up a vision of
... See more
A customer informs me I have been paid electronically for two invoices. Two? The second's not due yet, I thought. The customer being of that rare but welcome breed that not only pay on time, but send e-mails of their own volition to tell you about payment, I am not so surprised.

But wait, wait, what's the date? 1 April. Aha. After my dire Friday The Thirteenth warnings last time, when nothing bad happened in the end, I must be going paranoid, because my mind conjures up a vision of the customer giggling to the secretary, "Sure, I told him we'd paid, and the sap fell for it. What a sad nerd."

I've checked the bank, but nothing yet, so is this just a matter of bank registration times, or could it be ...

(small drum roll)

... A Cruel April Fool?
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnie-Herzegovine
Membre (2009)
anglais vers croate
+ ...
Conspiracy Apr 1, 2009

The bank and the client are conspiring against you, Mervyn. Fight them back !

Tell the client that your entire translation was just a joke and no term is accurate or equivalent.

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Espagne
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Money paid Apr 1, 2009

Nope, no conspiracy - the dosh has arrived.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

April Fool

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »