Can I get my translation certified by anyone? (French, for Belgium belgian ordre des medecins)
Auteur du fil: Helene Greffard
Helene Greffard
Helene Greffard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:20
anglais vers français
May 4, 2004

Hi there,

I have a friend who's a paediatrician based in the UK but about to go and work in Belgium and she needs her paperwork (documents, certificates etc..) translated into French for registration with the belgian ordre des medecins (medical association). I'm a translator myself but am not too sure if I can translate the documents myself and then get a certification by a certified translator or some organization...
Would someone be able to give me advice on this?
Than
... See more
Hi there,

I have a friend who's a paediatrician based in the UK but about to go and work in Belgium and she needs her paperwork (documents, certificates etc..) translated into French for registration with the belgian ordre des medecins (medical association). I'm a translator myself but am not too sure if I can translate the documents myself and then get a certification by a certified translator or some organization...
Would someone be able to give me advice on this?
Thank you very much in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-04 20:13]
Collapse

PeterDutch
PeterDutch
anglais vers néerlandais
+ ...
Belgian translators link May 4, 2004

In http://home.tiscali.be/beltrans/beltrans.htm
you'll find a link to a Yahoo forum of -almost- only Belgian translators. The link in French is on the left side of the page.

Sign up temporarily for the Forum ask someone in there if they can certify your translation. You'll definetily get a postive anwer. Good luck.

Peter

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgique
Membre
anglais vers néerlandais
+ ...
You may send them to me May 4, 2004

If need be and if you're not in a hurry, you may send me the (French) translations.
I will have them certified for you by the appropriate court, but please note that I will have to proof your work, i.e. I don't sign papers I haven't read

Simply contact me thru [email protected]

[Edited at 2004-05-04 20:53]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I get my translation certified by anyone? (French, for Belgium belgian ordre des medecins)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »