Thread poster: Maria Pereira
Maria Pereira
Maria Pereira  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 28, 2018

Hello, dear fellows, concerning the translation of pages containing logotypes, what is the most correct/the usual procedure? are the words within the logo to be translated?
Thank you in advance!

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:57
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
depends Mar 28, 2018

If the client has not indicated what they would like me to do, I usually indicate a logo by putting

[Logo]

in the source document. If the logotype is a name followed by a description or a tag line, I may write the name and a translation of the other text, or the original text followed by a translation in parentheses, for example

[Logo: Hospital São João - diagnóstico por imagem (diagnostics through imaging)]

[Edited at 2018-03-28 13:55 GMT]

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Depends Mar 29, 2018

I have one client called (Company name) España, which I translate as (Company name) Spain, and they're tickled to bits.

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
Depends Mar 31, 2018

I usually indicate in the target text

[Logo]

and then the translation of its content, if it is translatable. If the content does not have to be translated, for instance in case of company names, I copy the content of the logo in the target text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Logos translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »