Powwow: Toronto - Canada

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Toronto - Canada".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Matthew McCarthy
Matthew McCarthy  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:11
français vers anglais
+ ...
Past Powwow Photos Apr 20, 2012

I just noticed that the group photos from February and January were taken at the same table... and Babar is even wearing the same sweater! Will we be going to the Bishop and the Belcher again?

 
Matthew McCarthy
Matthew McCarthy  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:11
français vers anglais
+ ...
Non-Proz.com members / Students Apr 20, 2012

Some of my translation friends at Glendon are interested in going to a Powwow but aren't Proz.com members. I'm thinking of creating a Facebook event and inviting them that way. They are all keen to get advice on beginning their translation careers--especially now that most of us are graduating from Glendon this year.

 
Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norvège
Local time: 04:11
Membre (2002)
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
Babar's sweaters and Facebook-event/non members Apr 20, 2012

I think that maybe the pictures are all from the January event (I uploaded them for Larissa). I actually haven't seen pictures from the February powwow.

No problem for me if you create a Facebook event, that gives us a better overview of non-members attending.


 
Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norvège
Local time: 04:11
Membre (2002)
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
I'll be at the Bishop and Belcher 15-20 minutes before the powwow starts May 3, 2012

To make sure we have a couple of tables.

I'm still missing some of the "regulars" that live in the area on the participant list, but they may all be busy in this period.


 
Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norvège
Local time: 04:11
Membre (2002)
anglais vers norvégien
+ ...
If the weather keeps May 4, 2012

we may even be able to enjoy the patio area. The temperature is great, just need the rain to hold off.

 
Matthew McCarthy
Matthew McCarthy  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:11
français vers anglais
+ ...
Patio May 4, 2012

I second enjoying today's beautiful weather on the patio!

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Toronto - Canada






Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »