Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2004

I have just completed the survey .... as best I could.

The questions about clients and contacts made through ProZ are rather vague.

It would be useful to define client, for example, and the period referred to. I have done lots of sporadic work for people that I can't really classify as clients, becuase they were once-off jobs, essentially becuase they are in countries where my language pairs are not in great demand.

I tried to have a look at the questions
... See more
I have just completed the survey .... as best I could.

The questions about clients and contacts made through ProZ are rather vague.

It would be useful to define client, for example, and the period referred to. I have done lots of sporadic work for people that I can't really classify as clients, becuase they were once-off jobs, essentially becuase they are in countries where my language pairs are not in great demand.

I tried to have a look at the questions again, in order to be more specific, but I cannot access them as I have already completed the survey.

I can't see how a survey which asks questions in such a way that the answers will depend entirely on individual interpretations of what 'client' means can be very valid.

Would it be possible to give some pointers here or as an introduction to the survey?

TIA:-)
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:27
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Ailish Oct 11, 2004

I completed the survey yesterday and first I was surprised because after starting I needed to open all my account books since I'm Platinum (33 months). But I had everything in my computer so it wasn't very difficult.

I considered "clients" all the people for whom I invoiced, one or several times.
My problem was with a missing information.
In my mind I had the impression that I had a larger percentage of ProZ clients than what numbers show. The reason is that the percent
... See more
I completed the survey yesterday and first I was surprised because after starting I needed to open all my account books since I'm Platinum (33 months). But I had everything in my computer so it wasn't very difficult.

I considered "clients" all the people for whom I invoiced, one or several times.
My problem was with a missing information.
In my mind I had the impression that I had a larger percentage of ProZ clients than what numbers show. The reason is that the percentage of work given by my ProZ clients is much larger and that most of the one-time clients are from outside ProZ.
After thinking about that for some time I realized (or I suppose that the reason is) that the reasonning is just in number of clients and contacts, not in quantity of work.

But it would be good to have some indications in the first page of the survey.

Claudia

P.S. I wouldn't consider all this bugs, but suggestions or comments, I'm going to move the topic to suggestions.
Collapse

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
What Survey? Oct 11, 2004

Hi you all!

I have not seen or read anything about a survey, where do I find it?

Thanks in advance

Rufino

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:27
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks to all platinum members who participated Oct 11, 2004

We are using two short surveys in combination to ascertain a few specific things about how translators and clients meet at ProZ.com. The first survey, targeted at platinum members, got a number of responses sufficient for our purpose (140). The second survey (targeted at outsourcers) has yet to run, so it is better that I do not yet explain the objectives of the survey.

Thanks for completing the survey. I will share the results here once they are in.

Henry

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:27
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
What survey? Oct 11, 2004

Was there a link to a survey in an e-mail? I certainly haven't noticed a link on the site.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 20:27
English to German
+ ...
a running feedback is a helpful thing Oct 11, 2004

Henry wrote:

We are using two short surveys in combination to ascertain a few specific things about how translators and clients meet at ProZ.com. The first survey, targeted at platinum members, got a number of responses sufficient for our purpose (140). The second survey (targeted at outsourcers) has yet to run, so it is better that I do not yet explain the objectives of the survey.

Thanks for completing the survey. I will share the results here once they are in.

Henry
Hi! Only today I saw banner type of boxed text asking me to participate in a survey. But a few questions in the survey couldn´t be answered to complete the form as the form would require some kind of completion. I thought if this could be organized in someway, like a menu under the support "running survey" once in 3 months or so would be most utlizable. I know that there used to be a provision of this type under the menu till about a few months back and it had vanished. I couldn´t complete the survey.
Rgds, Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey to improve Platinum service

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »