'Settlement fees' - I would like to know what these fees are.
Auteur du fil: Michael and Raimunda Poe
Michael and Raimunda Poe
Michael and Raimunda Poe  Identity Verified
Brésil
Local time: 10:54
anglais vers portugais
+ ...
Jun 19, 2007

I was sent an email asking me to subscribe to the proz site. In this email it says that I can avoid settlement fees, I would like to know what these fees are.

Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-06-20 07:33]

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Allemagne
Local time: 15:54
Membre (2004)
anglais vers slovène
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
paypal for instance charges ... Jun 20, 2007

....In this email it says that I can avoid settlement fees, I would like to know what these fees are.

...X% plus a fixed amount (depending on the sum) to transfer the money from the payer to the payee. This amount is deducted from the sum transferred.

I assume this is the money Henry was talking about. I other words ProZ would not receive 100%, but 100% minus X%.

Regards

[Edited at 2007-06-20 05:34]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:54
CRÉATEUR DU SITE
Wire transfers fees can be substantial Jun 20, 2007

Right, Vito, thank you for clarifying.

Note that *all* fees related to payments are waived as part of the current campaign. Savings on wire transfer fees, for example, can be substantial. You may have the cost of the wire taken from the amount you are paying for membership, rather than paying the fee in addition. (Of course we ask that you only use wire transfers or other means of payment that incur high fees if more economical means of payment are not available.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'Settlement fees' - I would like to know what these fees are.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »