Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you track your translation/interpretation projects?
Auteur du fil: ProZ.com Staff
Niina Lahokoski
Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finlande
Local time: 23:33
Membre (2008)
anglais vers finnois
+ ...
Email tasks + homemade database Oct 3, 2020

As a more immediate tool, I use the calendar in Thunderbird to convert handoff emails to Tasks - these are listed in a side bar in the email program. There I can check off each task after it is finished.
Then I have an OpenOffice database containing tables for all clients, projects and invoices, forms for adding data, and some useful queries. I update it at the end of each month during invoicing.
I've been using this system almost since I started my business, and while it's not very
... See more
As a more immediate tool, I use the calendar in Thunderbird to convert handoff emails to Tasks - these are listed in a side bar in the email program. There I can check off each task after it is finished.
Then I have an OpenOffice database containing tables for all clients, projects and invoices, forms for adding data, and some useful queries. I update it at the end of each month during invoicing.
I've been using this system almost since I started my business, and while it's not very advanced or user-friendly, it's at least tailored to my way of working (plus creating the DB was quite a learning experience!).
Collapse

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Porto Rico
Local time: 16:33
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
Word documents and Google Calendar Oct 3, 2020

That's it. Almost all my jobs are relatively large and I seldom have more than two going at a time. so it's easy enough to keep track. I have created templates for all the Word docs that I use (quote, invoice, time on the job, errata, etc.).

I don't necessarily recommend my system to young translators starting out, but it has served me well.

--Jane

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you track your translation/interpretation projects?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »