Local time: 20:13
japonais vers anglais
+ ...
In memoriam
Inevitably, there are incorrect entries Aug 12, 2005

misho wrote:

eincoding is in Cyrillic (windows-1251), but the text is in English:

http://zarche.com/i-love-you.htm

No one could possibly properly edit such a list. In Japanese, for example, there is "Chuu shiteyo", which means "Smooch me", which does not mean I love you. The various entries using "suki" are unambiguous in terms of love vs. like. One of the entries is quite crude.

In Turkish, we have "Seni seviyo*rum (o* means o)" - I have no idea what that means. Maybe they meant to say it is an O mit umlaut, which is wring. So is "Seni Seviyurum". Like vs. love is again a problem, and the more appropriate one is missing.

I wonder, too, about the danger of someone submitting something obscene or totally insulting.

It's an interesting idea, but one to be taken with several grains of salt.

[Edited at 2005-08-12 16:34]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"I love you" in different languages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »