PLEASE fix the broken New/Old ProZ.com term search interface! (Staff: "On the agenda")
Auteur du fil: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 18:05
Membre (2009)
néerlandais vers anglais
+ ...
Jan 11, 2020

Could you guys PLEASE (!) fix the new ProZ.com term search?

I very often still can't find things using the new system that the old system can find.

As I have said many times now: either
1. get rid of one and fix/improve the remaining one, or if that's not possible,
2. create a new, Third Search UI, which actually uses the two we now have in the background, and then aggregates the results into a single search UI.

Having two, and alway
... See more
Could you guys PLEASE (!) fix the new ProZ.com term search?

I very often still can't find things using the new system that the old system can find.

As I have said many times now: either
1. get rid of one and fix/improve the remaining one, or if that's not possible,
2. create a new, Third Search UI, which actually uses the two we now have in the background, and then aggregates the results into a single search UI.

Having two, and always needing to check the other one if you can't find something is ANNOYING.

~

my latest bungled search attempt:

search for: ripgaren (Dutch>English)

https://www.proz.com/search/?es=1&restore_default_settings=1 (new: ZERO RESULTS)
https://www.proz.com/search/ (old= 1 RESULT)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2020-01-13 15:57 GMT]
Collapse

Abdallah Saeed
Thomas Pfann
Philip Lees
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:05
CRÉATEUR DU SITE
It is on the agenda Jan 13, 2020

Hi Michael,

I took note of your request in the recent KudoZ thread. I understand your frustration. It is on the agenda for this year... I can't say right now which month.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 18:05
Membre (2009)
néerlandais vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thanks Henry, Jan 13, 2020

Henry Dotterer wrote:

Hi Michael,

I took note of your request in the recent KudoZ thread. I understand your frustration. It is on the agenda for this year... I can't say right now which month.

… much appreciated!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PLEASE fix the broken New/Old ProZ.com term search interface! (Staff: "On the agenda")

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »