Wordfast score question
Auteur du fil: TransArizona (X)
TransArizona (X)
TransArizona (X)
Allemagne
anglais vers allemand
Aug 24, 2014

Hi there,
my name is Nadine I am a native German translator and am kind of a newby offering translations, I started using wordfast and have been signed by an agency and most of the time I go with the hassle of manually translating everything.
Sometime I use MT but rarely, here is my question:

I want to be able to offer higher volumes and am not quiet understanding the way a proofreader will judge my score, frankly I don´t want to ask the agency out of embarrasment.
... See more
Hi there,
my name is Nadine I am a native German translator and am kind of a newby offering translations, I started using wordfast and have been signed by an agency and most of the time I go with the hassle of manually translating everything.
Sometime I use MT but rarely, here is my question:

I want to be able to offer higher volumes and am not quiet understanding the way a proofreader will judge my score, frankly I don´t want to ask the agency out of embarrasment.
Is it better to have a higher score in fuzzy matches maybe like 60% than a manually " n/a " score on the side tab or even a "0" score when I used MT and edited after?

[Edited at 2014-08-24 19:00 GMT]
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Égypte
Local time: 06:29
anglais vers arabe
Nothing about the score Aug 24, 2014

Dear Nadine,

If I got you right:

No one will judge the score; it is all about the TM and similarity of text segments - nothing about you.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

neilmac
neilmac
Espagne
Local time: 05:29
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
The what now? Aug 26, 2014

I have been using WF Classic for some years now and must admit I have no idea what this question means. I've read it several times and am none the wiser.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast score question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »