MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Allemagne
Local time: 15:40
italien vers allemand
+ ...
May 29, 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool - CAT tools excluded - that compares me 2 unicode texts in the following way:
it would list me alphabetically all occurences of 1-word strings, 2-word strings, 3-word strings, etc... that are both present in text_1 and text_2. The list would be output to a text_3 file.

Freeware tool highly welcome.
Generally the features of comparison tools are limited to show text differences, but obviously a feature like above would be a tremend
... See more
Hi,

I'm looking for a tool - CAT tools excluded - that compares me 2 unicode texts in the following way:
it would list me alphabetically all occurences of 1-word strings, 2-word strings, 3-word strings, etc... that are both present in text_1 and text_2. The list would be output to a text_3 file.

Freeware tool highly welcome.
Generally the features of comparison tools are limited to show text differences, but obviously a feature like above would be a tremendous help for any translator.

Thanks for your feedbacks!
Greets,

Mike

[Edited at 2012-05-29 23:44 GMT]
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Allemagne
Local time: 15:40
italien vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
[Superfluous....] May 29, 2012

Sorry , a blackout: To be useful, all this leads to: Terminology Extraction...

I knew it, but then...

Sorry if I made you lose any time!

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2012-05-29 17:16 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[IGNORE] Looking for an Advanced Text Comparing Tool

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »