Auteur du fil: Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
États-Unis
Local time: 18:27
anglais vers chinois
Mar 13, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I have started to use Trados 2007 more due to my deteriorating memory skills, and here are two questions that I have in the IMHO not-so-user-friendly Trados learning process:

1. I noticed that if I use Trados Synergy to create a project, the files would always end up being ttx files, even for those Word files. Does that mean I always have to use the Tag Editor to work on the Word file? Is there a way to tell Trados that I want to use Workbench direct
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have started to use Trados 2007 more due to my deteriorating memory skills, and here are two questions that I have in the IMHO not-so-user-friendly Trados learning process:

1. I noticed that if I use Trados Synergy to create a project, the files would always end up being ttx files, even for those Word files. Does that mean I always have to use the Tag Editor to work on the Word file? Is there a way to tell Trados that I want to use Workbench directly?

2. Is there a way for me to do some text formating, such as highlighting the text, change the font, etc? Do I need to add the tags manually in order for me to do text formatting? Are there instructions in the Help that shows me what tags to add?

Thank you, and please bear with me if my questions sound too elementary.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text color change in Tag Editor?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »