Omit forbidden terms in Translation results window?
Auteur du fil: jccantrell
jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 14:02
Membre (2005)
allemand vers anglais
Sep 6, 2020

Hi folks.
MemoQ translator pro Version 9.4.11

I am wondering if there is a way to omit displaying forbidden terms in the Translation results pane.

I work with a customer who, over the years, has eliminated many suggested term translations but has left them in as forbidden terms. It only becomes a problem when there are 3 accepted terms and 47 forbidden terms. I do not really want to change the termbase, I just want to filter the presentation. If I use one of the i
... See more
Hi folks.
MemoQ translator pro Version 9.4.11

I am wondering if there is a way to omit displaying forbidden terms in the Translation results pane.

I work with a customer who, over the years, has eliminated many suggested term translations but has left them in as forbidden terms. It only becomes a problem when there are 3 accepted terms and 47 forbidden terms. I do not really want to change the termbase, I just want to filter the presentation. If I use one of the invisible forbidden terms, good, I will take the QA hit. However, the problem is scrolling down through 47 forbidden terms to get to that last ONE accepted one.

I have seen any settings that will do that under the eye. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
cantrell
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 23:02
Membre (2005)
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Disable its checkbox in the Translation Results customization Sep 6, 2020

You can easily customize the appearance of the Translation Results pane. Right-click on the pane, choose "Customze Appearance...", then choose the "Lookup results" tab, and there you have the different types of elements you can show in the translation results. I reckon that disabling the checkbox for "Non-translatable" should do the job!

I hope this helps!

jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 14:02
Membre (2005)
allemand vers anglais
AUTEUR DU FIL
Not that one Sep 6, 2020

Hi Tomas,
Thanks for that try. I put it in, applied it, and still no joy

Any other hints?

Yours,
cantrell

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Omit forbidden terms in Translation results window?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »