Auteur du fil: satra74
satra74
satra74
Local time: 10:56
italien vers slovène
+ ...
Jun 29, 2012

Hi,
I tried to install MemoQ on my netbook (“Asus eee” working with Windows 7) and ran into following problem:
The screen seems to be too small for some MemoQ windows. I created a new project and started doing the settings, but I could not see some options in the lower part of the window. The real trouble started when I arrived to the window where I was asked to create a new TM or open an existing one: the OK-button on the bottom was simply not there. At first I thought it was ju
... See more
Hi,
I tried to install MemoQ on my netbook (“Asus eee” working with Windows 7) and ran into following problem:
The screen seems to be too small for some MemoQ windows. I created a new project and started doing the settings, but I could not see some options in the lower part of the window. The real trouble started when I arrived to the window where I was asked to create a new TM or open an existing one: the OK-button on the bottom was simply not there. At first I thought it was just outside the screen, so I downloaded the programme “AltMove” and succeeded in grabbing the window upwards in order to see the lower part with the OK-button, but… surprise: the OK button was not there either; the lower part of the window ended with the line “Created by” but did not display the OK-button, so I could not choose/create any TM.
Do you think I can ever use MemoQ on this netbook?
Thank you for your help,
Sara
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espagne
Membre (2005)
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Increase the resolution Jun 29, 2012

Indeed, at least in memoQ 5 some dialog boxes are a bit tall and could be hard to use with lower resolutions. I would recommend that, for the time being until version 6 is released (whose dialog boxes I haven't seen yet, so I don't know whether they will have fixed this), you increase the computer's resolution a bit...

Good luck!

(Edited for an obvious typo.)

[Edited at 2012-06-29 17:50 GMT]

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Pologne
anglais vers polonais
+ ...
Tab order Jun 29, 2012

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Indeed, at least in memoQ 5 some dialog boxes are a bit tall and could be hard to use with lower resolutions. I would recommend that, for the time being until version 6 is released (whose dialog boxes I haven't seen yet, so I don't know whether they will have fixed this), you increase the computer's resolution a bit...

Good luck!

(Edited for an obvious typo.)

[Edited at 2012-06-29 17:50 GMT]

Indeed it can be tough. But you will notice that using the Tab and Shift+Tab keys you can cycle through the controls in the dialog box. I had the same problem, but I shift-tabbed back to the OK button (which I could not see) and pressed enter, and it worked.

MemoQ could do with a netbook mode I had the max. available resolution on the netbook and the bottom buttons could not be seen, either.

HTH

Vikki Pendleton
Vikki Pendleton  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 09:56
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
auto-hide taskbar Jun 29, 2012

Did you try auto-hiding the taskbar (bar at bottom of the screen)? I don't use memoQ but I find this helps with a lot of other programs on my netbook.

If you don't know how to do this:
Right-click on the taskbar
Click 'Properties'
Check 'Auto-hide the taskbar'
Click 'Apply' or 'OK'.

To see the taskbar again you just need to pull the mouse right to the bottom of the screen and to re-instate it permanently follow the same process.

Hop
... See more
Did you try auto-hiding the taskbar (bar at bottom of the screen)? I don't use memoQ but I find this helps with a lot of other programs on my netbook.

If you don't know how to do this:
Right-click on the taskbar
Click 'Properties'
Check 'Auto-hide the taskbar'
Click 'Apply' or 'OK'.

To see the taskbar again you just need to pull the mouse right to the bottom of the screen and to re-instate it permanently follow the same process.

Hope that helps
Vikki
Collapse

satra74
satra74
italien vers slovène
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thanks! Jul 4, 2012

Wow.
Your suggestions were helpful indeed: I've just increased the screen resolution. Now everything looks somehow funny, but I SEE THE OK BUTTON which was previously hidden
Thank you all!

[Edited at 2012-07-04 11:02 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ on netbook: Can't see buttons on the window bottom

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »