Evelien Snel
Evelien Snel  Identity Verified
Pays-Bas
Local time: 06:44
anglais vers néerlandais
+ ...
Jun 29, 2012

Dear colleagues,

a client would like me to translate courseware that is created in Mediator (version 8).
Does anyone have experience with this?
Is there any way to extract the text parts of a course and to import translations back in?
The internal format Mediator uses looks like a binary soup to me.
The way it looks now I would have to simply re-create the whole course in the target language.

Best regards,
Evelien

Frank van Thienen (X)
Frank van Thienen (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:44
néerlandais vers anglais
ask client Jun 29, 2012

Without installing the software, doing anything with such a proprietary format is hopeless.
I'm not familiar with Mediator, and I can't see anything on their website with regard to importing any kind of word processing formats, but I'd ask the client if he can deliver the text in a format you can deal with.
HTH,
Frank

[Edited at 2012-06-29 15:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating courseware in Mediator

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »