Trados & DV X on the same machine - any problems?
Auteur du fil: Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 17:24
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
Jan 20, 2005

This isn't a problem just a quick question: Does anyone know if it is possible to have both TRADOS and DEJAVU X installed on the same pc. Is this compatible or are their problems with shared files since they are competitive products.

Reason for asking: I´m a seasoned DVI user but a possible new client insists on their suppliers having trados hence the question of installing both products at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any responses on this.

Best
... See more
This isn't a problem just a quick question: Does anyone know if it is possible to have both TRADOS and DEJAVU X installed on the same pc. Is this compatible or are their problems with shared files since they are competitive products.

Reason for asking: I´m a seasoned DVI user but a possible new client insists on their suppliers having trados hence the question of installing both products at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any responses on this.

Best regards.
Jason

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-20 14:01]
Collapse

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:24
Membre (2004)
anglais vers russe
+ ...
No problems Jan 20, 2005

Jason Willis-Lee wrote:

Dear Jason,

No problems at all. DVX uses its own editor and its special file formats, so there possibly cannot be any conflicts between Trados and DVX. At least, I've never noticed any. Another problem is converting TMs, etc. between Trados and DVX, but this is also possible thanks to DVX export features.

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Membre (2002)
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
No problem whatsoever Jan 20, 2005

Trados and DVX can live on the same machine without any problems. Trados is collecting dust on my computer, though

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italie
italien vers anglais
In memoriam
No probs Jan 20, 2005

Hi Jason,

Just to confirm what Kirill says.

I have used Trados (from WB2 on) and DejVu (old and X flavours) on the same computers for years. Currently, I have DVX 7.0.273 (dongle-protected) and WB 6.5.5.439 (with softkey) on both my desktop and my laptop.

I have never had any interference-related problems.

Cheers,

Giles

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
États-Unis
Local time: 11:24
allemand vers anglais
Both dongles can be plugged in, as well Jan 20, 2005

I've run both programs for years and have left the dongles plugged into the same external hub. No problems.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexique
Local time: 09:24
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
No problems Jan 20, 2005

You can even run them simultaneously, any versions.

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:24
Membre (2004)
anglais vers russe
+ ...
DVX! Jan 20, 2005

Klaus Herrmann wrote:
Trados and DVX can live on the same machine without any problems. Trados is collecting dust on my computer, though

Right, Klaus! After DVX, Trados gives me creeps. *shiver*

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados & DV X on the same machine - any problems?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »