Auteur du fil: SilviuM
SilviuM
SilviuM
Roumanie
Local time: 12:54
roumain vers anglais
+ ...
Jul 16, 2008

Well now, who can tell me anything on Eunoia and/or Kimeran and/or Vulcan languages? Or on their idioms, for that matter? Do you know anything on their origins?
How do you transcribe them (if applicable) in cartoons and/or movies, for example? Do you transcribe them between parenthesis or do you simply position the translation there? Or, if you are not in the business of subtitling such cartoons and/or movies, do you use them in writing alternative Sci-Fi short-short stories to certain sag
... See more
Well now, who can tell me anything on Eunoia and/or Kimeran and/or Vulcan languages? Or on their idioms, for that matter? Do you know anything on their origins?
How do you transcribe them (if applicable) in cartoons and/or movies, for example? Do you transcribe them between parenthesis or do you simply position the translation there? Or, if you are not in the business of subtitling such cartoons and/or movies, do you use them in writing alternative Sci-Fi short-short stories to certain sagas?

http://www.taelon-bibliothek.de/index2.html

http://bookofaliens.blogspot.com/2007/04/kimera.html

http://home.teleport.com/~vli/vlif.htm

http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon/vulcbook.html
Collapse

kanajlo
kanajlo
Local time: 05:54
espéranto vers anglais
+ ...
Interesting question Jul 17, 2008

I can't imagine how one would go about getting a copyright on a conlang. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume that all conlangs are in the public domain.

SilviuM
SilviuM
Roumanie
roumain vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Trouble with understanding you Jul 17, 2008

I'm sorry, but I don't think that I understand you. Who said ANYTHING about contracts? I wasn't trying to debate any LEGAL issues here. Just wondering from a linguistic pov.

SilviuM
SilviuM
Roumanie
roumain vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Logicalness Aug 14, 2008

Logicalness is something relative in our world, I know. If it weren't, our to date history would've been MUCH different. But still, is it logical to have fictional tongues aka "conlangs" in your list of "Prozian" languages and NOT tackle them from a linguistic p.o.v., not only... from a LEGAL one? I mean, I don't necessarily need to talk of contracts with you, fellow Prozians, but of these tongues' origins and, of course, of the... See more
Logicalness is something relative in our world, I know. If it weren't, our to date history would've been MUCH different. But still, is it logical to have fictional tongues aka "conlangs" in your list of "Prozian" languages and NOT tackle them from a linguistic p.o.v., not only... from a LEGAL one? I mean, I don't necessarily need to talk of contracts with you, fellow Prozians, but of these tongues' origins and, of course, of their potential transformation (= growth).

Anyone?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tongues of Reason and Wisdom - Eunoia, Kimeran and Vulcan

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »