Thread poster: Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
Local time: 05:35
English to Portuguese
Mar 6, 2017

Hello!

I have a Remote Glossary hosted on Wordfast Anywhere. Is it possible to edit a remote glossary on Wordfast Pro 4? Whenever I try to do it, it tells me that "it is not possible to edit a remote glossary", but it seems as if that was possible in earlier versions.

Does anyone have a solution?

That would be extremely useful, as we often change our minds regarding terms during the translation process, meanings usually become more clear halfway th
... See more
Hello!

I have a Remote Glossary hosted on Wordfast Anywhere. Is it possible to edit a remote glossary on Wordfast Pro 4? Whenever I try to do it, it tells me that "it is not possible to edit a remote glossary", but it seems as if that was possible in earlier versions.

Does anyone have a solution?

That would be extremely useful, as we often change our minds regarding terms during the translation process, meanings usually become more clear halfway through the translation.
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:35
English to French
+ ...
unselect "Read-only" Mar 6, 2017

Glossaries have a "Read only" checkbox; this implies that they can be edited.

Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Read-only is unselected Mar 6, 2017

JL01 wrote:

Glossaries have a "Read only" checkbox; this implies that they can be edited.

The read-only box is unselected. I don't have a problem editing local glossaries. It only prevents me from editing remote glossaries.

When I try to edit a term, an error window pops up and says: "You cannot edit terms from remote glossaries".

I was wondering if there's an alternative solution to this.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:35
English to French
+ ...
this is a question for the hotline Mar 6, 2017

Wordfast Hotline.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:35
Member (2006)
French to English
Edit in Wordfast Anywhere Mar 7, 2017

Hello,
Unfortunately, you cannot edit remote glossaries via WFP4 (for now). You can log in to Wordfast Anywhere to edit your glossaries.

Kind regards,
John

Lais Lewicki
Lais Lewicki
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
How do I edit in WFA? Mar 7, 2017

John Di Rico wrote:

Hello,
Unfortunately, you cannot edit remote glossaries via WFP4 (for now). You can log in to Wordfast Anywhere to edit your glossaries.

Kind regards,
John

Hi John! Thank you for your quick reply!

How do I edit my glossaries in WFA?

That might be good enough for me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing Remote Glossary on WFP4

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »