Thread poster: Sonja Allen
Sonja Allen
Sonja Allen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:28
English to German
+ ...
Jun 9, 2009

When trying to send emails to certain addresses I receive a delivery failure notice telling me that my IP address has been rated as poor and therefore blocked. I am then asked to go to websites like

www.barracudanetworks.com
psbl.surriel.com

to get my rating checked and removed. Are these trustworthy?

Just to add: I have my own domain hosted by my ISP.
... See more
When trying to send emails to certain addresses I receive a delivery failure notice telling me that my IP address has been rated as poor and therefore blocked. I am then asked to go to websites like

www.barracudanetworks.com
psbl.surriel.com

to get my rating checked and removed. Are these trustworthy?

Just to add: I have my own domain hosted by my ISP.

[Edited at 2009-06-09 13:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-09 13:32 GMT]
Collapse

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:28
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Barracuda seems OK Jun 9, 2009

Check out :
http://www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/support/

They seem OK, when I login I see a perfectly believable website in Dutch
(but that would be the idea if they where to con me, right...)

Ed Vreeburg

Marsha Way
Marsha Way  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm not a technology whiz... Jun 10, 2009

...but these kinds of things really send up red flags for me. (I'm a bit on the paranoid side anyway).
Is there anyway you can check this with your domain host? If your e-mail is through your domain, I think that service provider should be able to see why the domain is not getting e-mails through.
(I want to apologize, as this sounds perfect in my head, but I'm not sure if you will understand what I mean.)

And, I see the word "barracuda" in the name, which in my dialect
... See more
...but these kinds of things really send up red flags for me. (I'm a bit on the paranoid side anyway).
Is there anyway you can check this with your domain host? If your e-mail is through your domain, I think that service provider should be able to see why the domain is not getting e-mails through.
(I want to apologize, as this sounds perfect in my head, but I'm not sure if you will understand what I mean.)

And, I see the word "barracuda" in the name, which in my dialect is a person who takes advantage of others.
??? I hope this helps someway!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I receive emails that I have a poor IP address

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »