Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:57
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Jun 22, 2006

Dear members,

As part of the June release we have added several improvements to the Jobs and Blue Board areas of the site, such as:

- Including new internal controls and explanation notes.

- Including location in notices for interpreting jobs

- Showing outsourcers a breakdown of member / non-member notifications sent out.

- Allowing non-members to deactivate notifications for 'member-only' jobs.

- Providing outsourc
... See more
Dear members,

As part of the June release we have added several improvements to the Jobs and Blue Board areas of the site, such as:

- Including new internal controls and explanation notes.

- Including location in notices for interpreting jobs

- Showing outsourcers a breakdown of member / non-member notifications sent out.

- Allowing non-members to deactivate notifications for 'member-only' jobs.

- Providing outsourcers with the ability to generate and send boilerplate explanations for rejected quotes.

- Making job postings easier by pre-populating contact details when we have a Blue Board record or previous job posting when the poster is logged-in

- Providing users more flexibility to enter rates when quoting for a job

- When a job is going to be posted at a rate below the site minimum average rate a note and the average rates are shown to the poster.

Thanks for supporting the site!
Enrique Cavalitto
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:57
German to English
+ ...
Now, Enrique, if you could only... Jun 23, 2006

...make outsourcers divulge the subject matter of the jobs offered! "Technical translation" doesn't mean anything, "editing/proofreading 4000 words" means even less

Thanks for all the improvements so far.

Trudy

Silvina Matheu
Silvina Matheu  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Congratulations! Jun 23, 2006

Trudy is right. We are recommended not to quote when the project is not in our scope of specialization, but in some cases we can never know.
Thank you for all these improvements, Quique! The last item is particularly interesting.
Silvina

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:57
English to French
+ ...
Good stuff Jun 24, 2006

Hi Enrique,

I am really happy about these new improvements. Not all of them are relevant for me personally (I am a site member, so disabling notifications for jobs that are for members only is not an interesting option for me), but I am sure that even the improvements I don't find a use for in my particular situation will help many of us to use the site in a more useful way.

I am REALLY happy about the last improvement on your list. Finally, something is being done to e
... See more
Hi Enrique,

I am really happy about these new improvements. Not all of them are relevant for me personally (I am a site member, so disabling notifications for jobs that are for members only is not an interesting option for me), but I am sure that even the improvements I don't find a use for in my particular situation will help many of us to use the site in a more useful way.

I am REALLY happy about the last improvement on your list. Finally, something is being done to educate fellow translators about what is a sound rate. I can't wait to see the feedback on this in the coming weeks. Of course, the war is not won, it's only a battle, but I am sure this will at least contribute to the solution to the everlasting rates problem.

Thanks for this nice package of improvements!

[Edited at 2006-06-24 02:54]
Collapse

Alicia Casal
Alicia Casal  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Very Interesting! Jun 24, 2006

I feel really happy about them all!

thanks!

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good point Jun 24, 2006

Enrique wrote:

- When a job is going to be posted at a rate below the site minimum average rate a note and the average rates are shown to the poster.

Enrique Cavalitto

This sounds good, Quique, hope it works!

cheers!

Inés

Maurizio Valente
Maurizio Valente  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
In memoriam
When a job is going to be posted at a rate below the site minimum average rate ... Jun 26, 2006

Great!

When a job is going to be posted at a rate below the site minimum average rate a note and the average rates are shown to the poster.

Enrique wrote:

Dear members,

Enrique Cavalitto

Ingeborg Gowans (X)
Ingeborg Gowans (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
English to German
+ ...
Improvements on job sites Jun 26, 2006

Thanks for implementing improvements for the job sites.
i am particularly pleased with the fact that the outsorcer should divulge more information on the specific subject matter of the job in question.
It is disappointing to put in a quote and then find out that the area does not lie in your field expertise.
Continue the good work!

Regards,
Ingeborg Gowans

Gabriela Mejías
Gabriela Mejías  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great improvements!! Jun 27, 2006

Hi, Enrique! I totally agree with these improvements, especially with the chance of knowing why a post was rejected and the fact that outsourcers should give more details about the project.
Thank you for working so hard for all of us!!
Gaby

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

June release; improvements in the Jobs and Blue Board areas

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »