When responding to job offers, is a copy of the e-mail automatically sent to yourself?
Thread poster: Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:40
French to English
+ ...
Jun 17, 2009

Hello,

I replied to a general job offer today for the first time in ages as I'm experiencing an unusual quiet spell. However. I was surprised when the e-mail arrived back in my in-box. The address was the address of the job poster and it didn't show on the e-mail that a copy had ben sent to me. Is this normal and can I assume that my e-mail has actually been sent to the correct person and not just to me?

Many thanks for your guidance/reassurance!

Claire

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:40
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yes, it is perfectly normal Jun 17, 2009

If the outsourcer specifies an email address as the preferred contact method (rather than using ProZ's quoting system), and you click on the email address, Outlook/Thunderbird/... opens a new window, and you are automatically added as a bcc (blind carbon copy) recipient. (Take a look at one of the recent job postings and try it.)

Kind regards,
Attila

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:40
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Attila Jun 17, 2009

That's all I wanted to know!

Have a nice evening,

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When responding to job offers, is a copy of the e-mail automatically sent to yourself?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »