Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you find it difficult at times to coordinate across time zones with your clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:27
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, but because of them, not me Apr 14, 2017

I always keep in mind the time differences. But I have several clients who send me e-mails from Europe (8:00 am) that arrive in Brazil at (5:00 am). So I take three hours to reply, and many times I have to explain it to the smart assistants or PMs, not rarely also losing jobs because I didn't reply on time (can you believe that? Well, it's true). I also have a big client in Israel, and they are a big agency, with lots of assistants. So the time span goes to another 1 or 2 hours in addition to Eu... See more
I always keep in mind the time differences. But I have several clients who send me e-mails from Europe (8:00 am) that arrive in Brazil at (5:00 am). So I take three hours to reply, and many times I have to explain it to the smart assistants or PMs, not rarely also losing jobs because I didn't reply on time (can you believe that? Well, it's true). I also have a big client in Israel, and they are a big agency, with lots of assistants. So the time span goes to another 1 or 2 hours in addition to Europe, which can make it even worst sometimes. I've been working with them for almost 4 years, and I still get e-mails at 3:00 am, and notes like "Did you receive this e-mail?" two hours later. Well...Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you find it difficult at times to coordinate across time zones with your clients?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »