celiacheung85
celiacheung85  Identity Verified
China
Member (2014)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2016

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how to view the tags of the target text column in an excel file so I can add the tags to the source text column? But as far as I am aware of, I have not added any tag to the target text. So does anyone know how to check the tag in the target text? If I am not able to resolve this and someone knows how to do it, I am willing to pay for it. The client wants me to add tag to the source text by using the following guidelines.
Thanks,

... See more
Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how to view the tags of the target text column in an excel file so I can add the tags to the source text column? But as far as I am aware of, I have not added any tag to the target text. So does anyone know how to check the tag in the target text? If I am not able to resolve this and someone knows how to do it, I am willing to pay for it. The client wants me to add tag to the source text by using the following guidelines.
Thanks,

Celia

Guidelines from client:

"Tagging in the source column:

The guidelines were not very clear about this point but it was written in the tagging Guidelines:

Tagging should be in the target column as you did, but ALSO in the source column.

-> Please refer to: “guidlines_tagging” = “Please don’t change the names of the tags (don’t translate them, don’t replace“lastname” by “surname” or anything else), just use them as they are – regardless of the source language »

Tags have to be aligned in source AND target at all times. So wherever the translation has a tag (whichever tag this might be), please make sure the source is also tagged with the same tags (the same tag in English, not translated to Chinese) Update:I am going to ask the client for more information and would update this post if necessary.Thanks,Celia

[Edited at 2016-02-23 12:22 GMT]
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:47
French to English
Not very clear Feb 23, 2016

You had a source file, in excel, and the source text included tags. The client wanted you to reproduce those tags in the target language, but not translate them.

Does that sound right?

For example...

Source:

Dear Mrs (last name),

Target:

Chère Madame (last name),

Chris Pr
Chris Pr
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:47
German to English
plz delete Feb 23, 2016

deleted, no need to post

[Edited at 2016-02-23 21:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help to add tags to source text column, willing to pay for advice

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »