Questionnaire on telephone interpreting
Thread poster: SandraBlue
SandraBlue
SandraBlue
Spain
Jul 15, 2014

Hello everybody,

I'm currently writing my Masters' Thesis on Telephone Interpreting, which is becoming more common every day and still, there are hardly any classes available to prepare (future) interpreters for this especially tricky task. That is why I am compiling information from people with experience in this field. So, if you have ever done Telephone Interpreting or know anyone who has, no matter why or in which context or languages, I would be very grateful if you took the ti
... See more
Hello everybody,

I'm currently writing my Masters' Thesis on Telephone Interpreting, which is becoming more common every day and still, there are hardly any classes available to prepare (future) interpreters for this especially tricky task. That is why I am compiling information from people with experience in this field. So, if you have ever done Telephone Interpreting or know anyone who has, no matter why or in which context or languages, I would be very grateful if you took the time to fill out this very short questionnaire, copy and paste your answers here or send them to [email protected] so I can use the anonymous info in my thesis. Thank you all very much in advance!

Here come the questions:

Nationality:
Country of residence (if it differs from the above):
Mother tongue:
Languages:
Studies in the field of Translation and Interpreting:

What are the situations and contexts in which you have worked as a telephone interpreter?

Did you prepare for telephone interpreting in any way? If your answer is yes, please describe how.

What do you consider to be the difficulties of telephone interpreting, compared to other types of interpreting?

What would you describe as advantages of telephone interpreting, compared to other types of interpreting?

What are the factors an interpreter should bear in mind, in your opinion, before carrying out a telephone interpreting job?

If you could suggest a less plan for a university course in telephone interpreting, which would be the main points that should be included in the lessons, in your experience?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questionnaire on telephone interpreting

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »