Online consecutive interpreting
Autor vlákna: Cory Ohira
Cory Ohira
Cory Ohira

Local time: 15:40
japonština -> angličtina
May 9

Seeing that AI has pretty much killed my field, I was thinking of getting back into interpreting. Seeing that I live in a country where I don't speak the local language, I was thinking of doing online/remote interpreting. Is this a viable option? Can you make money/living doing this?

Cherry Chan

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 00:40
Člen (2012)
tamilština -> angličtina
+ ...
online interpreting May 16

That is is the best thing that can happen. Stay at home and still work. Commute time is productively converted into "talk time"
I am doing remote consecutive ever since covid start in 2019.
Even before that some companies were asking for remote work.
There are so many video platforms- and every company/establishment has preferred platform.
The only thing that matters is credential, certification, experience and professional membership
When it comes to legal: remembe
... See more
That is is the best thing that can happen. Stay at home and still work. Commute time is productively converted into "talk time"
I am doing remote consecutive ever since covid start in 2019.
Even before that some companies were asking for remote work.
There are so many video platforms- and every company/establishment has preferred platform.
The only thing that matters is credential, certification, experience and professional membership
When it comes to legal: remember the risk- any severe errors may cause mistrial at the extreme.
You will make money- but whether living? depends on no of jobs you do. so this may form one of the income streams.

[Edited at 2024-05-16 19:01 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online consecutive interpreting

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »