Can Across auto correct "" to „”?
Thread poster: KMiddeke
KMiddeke
KMiddeke
Local time: 18:02
Nov 17, 2011

Are there language specific auto correction options like in Word? I need those German quotation marks fairly often, and typing code is definitely not an option. Same goes for dashes, can you not have Across turn -- into —?

AAV
AAV
Local time: 23:02
Autoreplace Nov 18, 2011

Please check, if the following feature will work for you:
Tools -> Profile Settings -> crossDesk/Target Editor -> Autoreplace.

KMiddeke
KMiddeke
TOPIC STARTER
Yes and no Nov 18, 2011

Thank you very much, that's what I was looking for!

It's working for the dash, but not for the quotation marks. Maybe the problem is something to do with the spaces. I said replace < "> with < „>, but it's not doing it. I'll try again...

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator Nov 18, 2011

I used Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create a customized keyboard layout with dashes and quotes available via key combinations with ALT. It's easy and works in all applications. You can find it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb964665

KMiddeke
KMiddeke
TOPIC STARTER
:-| Nov 22, 2011

Well, I can always have Word autoreplace them afterwards, I suppose. It's a mystery to me, though, that Across doesn't have a feature that is such a commonplace in other kinds of word processing programs. Especially since it does do all kinds of other, language-specific things, like time and date settings. So I thought I just hadn't found it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Across auto correct "" to „”?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »