Cannot export certain projects
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:45
Jun 24, 2015

I've noticed that I cannot export certain MS Word projects in Transit NXT, even when the corresponding COD files are present in the project folder on my computer.

With these MS Word projects the Export button on the ribbon is grey.

Why is this? Is it caused by a FFD that is changed by the client or what?

[Edited at 2015-06-24 17:19 GMT]

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:45
COD file not recognised as project manager not selected it Jun 24, 2015

Am I right in assuming you were sent a PPF to unpack? If so, I believe that, although the COD file is packed in, the project manager did not actually select to have it included.

Sometimes Transit packs the COD file into the PPF anyway, but the parameter which says that export is possible isn't actually enabled (because the project manager didn't actually tick the box).
So basically, the project manager in question always needs to tick the "COD" box when they pack the project,
... See more
Am I right in assuming you were sent a PPF to unpack? If so, I believe that, although the COD file is packed in, the project manager did not actually select to have it included.

Sometimes Transit packs the COD file into the PPF anyway, but the parameter which says that export is possible isn't actually enabled (because the project manager didn't actually tick the box).
So basically, the project manager in question always needs to tick the "COD" box when they pack the project, if they want to allow you to export it.
Collapse

Peamur
Peamur
filter Jun 24, 2015

Maybe you don't have the corresponding filter OR there are some other files involved in import/export and you don't have them (like bat-files).

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
I've found the cause Jun 24, 2015

By comparing two PRJ files I've found the cause.

When the HasCodFiles in the Project section of the PRJ has the value '1', the Export button is active and the project can be exported (when the COD files are present).

[Project]
HasCodFiles=1

So the actual question becomes: how come that in two different projects, created by the same PM, the HasCodFiles key can have different values?

As Karen_E already explained... Jun 25, 2015

... the HasCodFiles value may depend on the used settings.

Even it the two projects were created and packed by the same PM, it does not necessarily mean that (s)he used the same options for both projects.

It's a different question whether that happened by accident or because the PM didn't want you to export the project...

Regards,

O.N.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot export certain projects

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »