Thread poster: Campman
Campman
Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 22, 2013

I made a Trados analysis of a text - it said > 50% repetitions.
I made a Transit analysis of the same text - it said 0% internal repetitions.

It looks as if the Trados "repetitions" are not the same concept as the Transit "internal repetitions". What exactly is the difference?

I must add that while working in Trados I've not seen these 50% repetitions back - nasty surprise if you expect that half of the text needs to be translated and find out that the work is tw
... See more
I made a Trados analysis of a text - it said > 50% repetitions.
I made a Transit analysis of the same text - it said 0% internal repetitions.

It looks as if the Trados "repetitions" are not the same concept as the Transit "internal repetitions". What exactly is the difference?

I must add that while working in Trados I've not seen these 50% repetitions back - nasty surprise if you expect that half of the text needs to be translated and find out that the work is twice as much.

I must also add that the source text is a converted PDF-file, tidied up a bit but still with sudden breaks, sentences cut up in in three segments, same sentence in different formatting and so on. So what could have been a 100% match if the layout of the text had been properly done, is now in the best case a fuzzy match.
Collapse

Peamur
Peamur
Local time: 03:24
numbers Jun 20, 2015

Thigs like

Error 50
Error 60

differ only in numbers. I guess, Trados consider such strings as repetitions because only numbers differ. Transit does not consider them repetitions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT: Transit analysis VERY different from Trados analysis

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »