Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:11
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
Jul 13, 2010

Hi!

I am very confused and stressed out! A few weeks ago my laptop died and bought a new one, with win7.

I installed Trados 2007. Everything seems fine when I use it with Tag editor. But, I just got a big project and I need to translate directly in Word (2003). Now, although I have the Trados bar in the word doc, everytime I hit Open, I get the message: "No se encuentra la macro o bien está deshabilitada debido a la configuracion de seguridad de macros"(macro can not
... See more
Hi!

I am very confused and stressed out! A few weeks ago my laptop died and bought a new one, with win7.

I installed Trados 2007. Everything seems fine when I use it with Tag editor. But, I just got a big project and I need to translate directly in Word (2003). Now, although I have the Trados bar in the word doc, everytime I hit Open, I get the message: "No se encuentra la macro o bien está deshabilitada debido a la configuracion de seguridad de macros"(macro can not be found or is disabled due to the security configuration of macros).

What is wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Also, I have a nice job that I could be getting but I need Synergy. I got it but I get an error everytime I open it "SDL Trados Synergy Stopped working"

Will uninstall and install again will sort the problem out?

Will be great to get some light!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Collapse

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
Change Macro security settings Jul 13, 2010

Hi Noelia

You can change the Macro security settings in Word 2003 under Extras - Macro - Security. Try "Medium" and see if it works now.

The names of the menu options will be different in Spanish, but I hope you can work it out.

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Tried Jul 13, 2010

Thank you!

Already tried, and still doesn´t work. I know at the beginning the bar didn´t appear, but my boyfriend managed to do it. Something about the templates?

I am completely lost! Everything was working so well in my previous laptop with my win xp!

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try hotfixes and service packs Jul 13, 2010

You can find hotfixes and patches at http://talisma.sdl.com (also check the relevant articles there), and you can download the latest version of 2007, including the service packs from your account at SDL. Maybe that will help. Also, you might want to check if your Windows user account has Administrator's rights (not sure that is necessary, but it won't hurt).

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Your best bet... to install Windows XP Jul 14, 2010

Personally I would try to check with SDL that Trados 2007 is compatible with Windows 7. If you have the option to install Windows XP in your computer, do so and reinstall everything. This way you will at least ensure the compatibility with Trados 2007.

Something else you can try is to turn off the User Account Control ("Control de Cuentas de Usuario" in Spanish). Many normal features are impeded by the UAC and turning it off might help.

Also, in the long run I would rec
... See more
Personally I would try to check with SDL that Trados 2007 is compatible with Windows 7. If you have the option to install Windows XP in your computer, do so and reinstall everything. This way you will at least ensure the compatibility with Trados 2007.

Something else you can try is to turn off the User Account Control ("Control de Cuentas de Usuario" in Spanish). Many normal features are impeded by the UAC and turning it off might help.

Also, in the long run I would recommend to buy a desktop computer of a reasonably good brand if you are a full time freelance translator, and use your laptop for travel. In my opinion a laptop is not as reliable as a fixed desktop computer, and will offer you less processing power.
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Perfectly compatible Jul 14, 2010

Hi Tomás,
I can confirm T2007 is perfectly compatible with Win7 Home Premium. Perhaps it will be necessary to add the Trados8.dot(m) on the list of "Trusted Publishers" in Word while setting the security level to Medium or Low.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks a lot! Jul 14, 2010

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:
Hi Tomás,
I can confirm T2007 is perfectly compatible with Win7 Home Premium. Perhaps it will be necessary to add the Trados8.dot(m) on the list of "Trusted Publishers" in Word while setting the security level to Medium or Low.

Thanks Stanislav! I did now know that. Good to know!

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Jul 14, 2010

Thank you all for your tips. At the end we managed, was to do with a file not assigned properly or something (my boyfriend did it)

However, we can not get Synergy to work, and I do need it for an important bid.

Any ideas of why it refuses even to open?

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Why Synergy? Jul 15, 2010

Hello Noelia,
Trados 2007 can work perfectly even without Synergy. May I know why you need it so desperately? And perhaps what the error message is that you receive?

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Why Synergy? Jul 15, 2010

I entirely agree with Stanislav. Synergy is neither practical nor user friendly. We completely scrapped its use in Trados. It's far more flexible and straightforward to use files individually with the Workbench etc.

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
God knows Jul 15, 2010

Thanks!

Don´t know why they want to use Synergy. The agency is a good one, and the client a very big company, and they require using Synergy.

I have never used it before, don´t know how it works, but it beats me not to be able to use it if I need it.

They sent me some files that can only open with Synergy, to do a technical test.

Is there a way around it? What can I tell the client? Should I even bother?

Once again, thank you!... See more
Thanks!

Don´t know why they want to use Synergy. The agency is a good one, and the client a very big company, and they require using Synergy.

I have never used it before, don´t know how it works, but it beats me not to be able to use it if I need it.

They sent me some files that can only open with Synergy, to do a technical test.

Is there a way around it? What can I tell the client? Should I even bother?

Once again, thank you!
Noelia
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Why Synergy? Jul 16, 2010

Hi Noelia,

Before you discount this altogether I wanted to add a little more information to this thread. It may be that your customer has asked for Synergy because they are using TMS (one of the SDL Enterprise Translation Management Systems). This can create what is called a Synergy Package, although it may not have been generated by SDL Trados Synergy.

You can open this package in SDL Trados Synergy which will create a Project, and then by clicking on the Project and
... See more
Hi Noelia,

Before you discount this altogether I wanted to add a little more information to this thread. It may be that your customer has asked for Synergy because they are using TMS (one of the SDL Enterprise Translation Management Systems). This can create what is called a Synergy Package, although it may not have been generated by SDL Trados Synergy.

You can open this package in SDL Trados Synergy which will create a Project, and then by clicking on the Project and selecting the Files View you will see all the bilingual files that are waiting for translation. In addition to this, there is often a reference to a remote server for TM's or MultiTerm connectivity and the Package sets this up for you automatically.

Maybe this is why your Customer has asked you to use Synergy? If you have SDL Trados Studio then you can try and open the Package with this and translate the files in Studio. If it works then the Package is definitely from SDL TMS. If it doesn't then it has been created by Synergy.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 16, 2010

Thank you Paul.

My problem is I can not even open Synergy, therefore I can not open the files. I get a message "SDL Trados Synergy has stopped working", but it doesn´t even load, open.

The file is: SDL Trados Synergy Project Package. If I click to open it I get the error message I mentioned.

I have read in previous threads that there might be an incompatibilty with Win7 (64 bits).

We have installed a program to run XP virtually, and see if it
... See more
Thank you Paul.

My problem is I can not even open Synergy, therefore I can not open the files. I get a message "SDL Trados Synergy has stopped working", but it doesn´t even load, open.

The file is: SDL Trados Synergy Project Package. If I click to open it I get the error message I mentioned.

I have read in previous threads that there might be an incompatibilty with Win7 (64 bits).

We have installed a program to run XP virtually, and see if it works, but don´t know if this is going to be the most logical and comfortable thing to do really.

Thanks
Noelia
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Trados 2007 SP3 needed... RDP issues... Jul 16, 2010

Noelia Ruiz Pérez wrote:

Synergy 2007 doesn't run on 64-bit versions unless T2007 SP3 is installed (sold as Trados 2007 Suite).

We have installed a program to run XP virtually, and see if it works, but don't know if this is going to be the most logical and comfortable thing to do really.

AFAIK you may experience license issues for some Trados components, the XP mode is not supported by SDL (it uses the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol which is banned by SDL unless you have Professional floating license).
You can try to cascade RDPs, e.g. use TeamViewer or some VNC.
IMO it's crazy but it should work.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2010-07-16 11:21 GMT]

Noelia Ruiz Pérez
Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Ays Jul 16, 2010

Thanks GG

I will tell the client.

Thank you for your help!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Macros, Trados and Synergy

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »