Anabel Martínez
Anabel Martínez  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 20:23
angol - spanyol
+ ...
profiles with no activity May 9, 2005

Subhamay Ray wrote:

Even the present system is not perfect or why do we have profiles with no activity say for the last five years or profiles that were obviously created only to ask some Kudoz questions for the specific benefit of some 'lucky' translators?

I have asked this elsewhere in the fora, but now I post this question again: is there any way of deleting those unused profiles? I mean, as happens with some e-mail accounts which have not been used for several months, which are deactivated and then ultimately deleted, could this be done with such profiles? I believe this would be a solution to part of a problem...

Subhamay Ray wrote:

I have always spoken against ranking translators on the basis of Kudoz as the forum stands now at present.

I also believe that ranking translators should also be done on the basis of other activities in the site. I mean, I consider myself quite active in the site for the last few months, and I'm not a leader in Kudoz or whatever. Also, as regards paying from the start or not, I can only speak from my own experience, and this is the following: I've been a member for more than 4 years, I consider myself as a serious professional, but up until recently I never considered the idea of becoming a paying member of proz.com, and I'm still a non-paying member. I think every individual has his/her own personal approach to this site, a private "rythm", faster or slower, and some others might never consider becoming paying members, but they are really active.

I believe this has also something to do with what you think Platinum membership might give you; I always thought it was meant to give one clients, but in my pairs, for instance, that is quite improbable, so why would I consider Platinum membership? Again, I would like to state that this is only my personal opinion, and that I'm considering full memberhip, as having nothing to do with getting jobs or not from the site

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 14:23
WEBOLDAL ALAPÍTÓJA
Thanks for the input! May 9, 2005

Thanks for all this input. The idea of requiring some minimum payment for use of certain parts of the site--KudoZ, for example--is worthy of consideration. Nevertheless, we do not have immediate plans to change the membership structure. We will take the opinions in this thread into consideration when reviewing the membership structure in the future.

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advocating a dues-based membership paradigm

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »