Proz.com Connect! Job
Thread poster: Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:54
English to Thai
+ ...
Sep 8, 2015

I searched the forum and never hit a post regarding Proz.com Connect! Job.

I met with a strange agency from Taiwan. It sent me a number of Proz.com Connect! Job, the well designed Proz function, to invite me into various large volume technical translation jobs (mostly JP - TH, EN - TH pairs). I replied them all. But the agency never gave me feed back about those jobs at all.
I got the invitation form this agency again today. I wonder it is going to be annoying or waste of reso
... See more
I searched the forum and never hit a post regarding Proz.com Connect! Job.

I met with a strange agency from Taiwan. It sent me a number of Proz.com Connect! Job, the well designed Proz function, to invite me into various large volume technical translation jobs (mostly JP - TH, EN - TH pairs). I replied them all. But the agency never gave me feed back about those jobs at all.
I got the invitation form this agency again today. I wonder it is going to be annoying or waste of resources or not if the Proz.com Connect! Job user just automatically spread out message without honest response.

Could someone exchange about this experience?

Regards,

Soonthon L.
Collapse

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:54
French to Spanish
+ ...
2014 Sep 9, 2015

Hello, Soonthon

I replied to a Connect! job on 19 Mar '14: it was about a CV sumission for a tender. I received later two-three mails of the same company about the same tender but different pairs. I submitted that was required but never heard of them again (it's a reputed company though).

It's my one and only experience with Connect! It didn't work.

Best regards

Susana

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good reference Sep 9, 2015

Susana E. Cano Méndez wrote:

I replied to a Connect! job on 19 Mar '14: it was about a CV sumission for a tender. I received later two-three mails of the same company about the same tender but different pairs. I submitted that was required but never heard of them again (it's a reputed company though).

Susana

Thanks a lot.
Let us comments widely to improve the Proz.com functions to better serve the translators and interpreters.

Soonthon L.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:54
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Are they better or worse? Sep 9, 2015

I get sent Connect! jobs from time to time. Sometimes they seem interesting so I quote. I really don't know if any have ever led to actual work - I'm not sure how to identify them now. I do know that some have been real time-wasters, wanting work for some small percentage of my normal rate or for taking on a too-large number of words in a short time, normally part of an incredibly large project that's being rushed through at lightning speed, split between tens of translators. We all know the sor... See more
I get sent Connect! jobs from time to time. Sometimes they seem interesting so I quote. I really don't know if any have ever led to actual work - I'm not sure how to identify them now. I do know that some have been real time-wasters, wanting work for some small percentage of my normal rate or for taking on a too-large number of words in a short time, normally part of an incredibly large project that's being rushed through at lightning speed, split between tens of translators. We all know the sort. So I'd say they're just "normal" jobs that arrive in a slightly different way - no better, no worse.Collapse

Thailand
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Attractive opinion Sep 9, 2015

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I get sent Connect! jobs from time to time. Sometimes they seem interesting so I quote. I really don't know if any have ever led to actual work - I'm not sure how to identify them now. I do know that some have been real time-wasters, wanting work for some small percentage of my normal rate or for taking on a too-large number of words in a short time, normally part of an incredibly large project that's being rushed through at lightning speed, split between tens of translators. We all know the sort. So I'd say they're just "normal" jobs that arrive in a slightly different way - no better, no worse.

Attractive opinion.
We should aware or ignore based on our personal preference to accept jobs, shouldn't we?

Soonthon L.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:54
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Very well said! Sep 9, 2015

Sheila Wilson wrote:

So I'd say they're just "normal" jobs that arrive in a slightly different way - no better, no worse.

When I first got a request via Connect! jobs I thought it might be something special. But then I realised it's just like anything else here. It must be a sligthly different directory research, that's all. For the rest, nothing unchanged: if you answer, you may get a reply or not. I never did, the few times I considered worthwile answering.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com Connect! Job

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »