A solution for online simultaneous revision of SDLXLIFF files with multiple revisors?
Thread poster: Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 07:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2023

Suppose I have an SDLXLIFF file with a freshly delivered translation of a 10,000 word document, and now I want 3 revisors to revise the translation together, simultaneously, online (without having to split the file into different files). That is, all 3 revisors should be able to access and see the entire file and all its segments, and each one should be able to make any changes they see fit in any part/segment of the file (without this affecting the simultaneous work of the other two revisors).<... See more
Suppose I have an SDLXLIFF file with a freshly delivered translation of a 10,000 word document, and now I want 3 revisors to revise the translation together, simultaneously, online (without having to split the file into different files). That is, all 3 revisors should be able to access and see the entire file and all its segments, and each one should be able to make any changes they see fit in any part/segment of the file (without this affecting the simultaneous work of the other two revisors).

Is there any existing solution that allows such a process?

Thomas
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:52
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
A question Apr 24, 2023

What do you do if all three have a separate opinion about the same term? How can you control that?

I worked with teams in Google doc files and it was a chaos. Some people misplace text, others change the font (accidentally), etc.

Sounds like you are looking to have this hosted online with an accessible link and editor’s permissions. Not sure how this can be done for xliffs.

Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 07:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
control Apr 24, 2023

Lingua 5B wrote:

What do you do if all three have a separate opinion about the same term? How can you control that?

I worked with teams in Google doc files and it was a chaos. Some people misplace text, others change the font (accidentally), etc.

Sounds like you are looking to have this hosted online with an accessible link and editor’s permissions. Not sure how this can be done for xliffs.

Hmmm... good points. All 3 revisors are professional revisors with many years of experience. And one of them is the lead revisor and in charge of all final decisions.

Lingua 5B

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 14:52
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
A linkable solution Apr 24, 2023

Not sure how it can come with an accessible link honestly.

If you have a lead, then let them organize revisers’ work in stages with separate time frames. And then the lead takes a final look. They can take it out of a joint FTP folder and then save it there again.

Maybe somebody else will have a better solution.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:52
English to Russian
GroupShare Apr 24, 2023

You need Trados GroupShare, a solution for online team work like yours.

Lingua 5B

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A solution for online simultaneous revision of SDLXLIFF files with multiple revisors?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »