Thread poster: Jorge Fecuri
Jorge Fecuri
Jorge Fecuri  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:50
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 23, 2021

Please, be aware of Jenny from California. She found me on Proz and contacted me by email wanting a job, a translation from Spanish to Portuguese. When asked by me, she had all the answers: a job for university students, she accepted the rate and deadline, and suggested paying me via Apple Pay or mail me a check. Over the weekend, she sent me various emails telling me that she could not go ahead with the Apple Pay, even though she has done it many times before to other people. I have now let her... See more
Please, be aware of Jenny from California. She found me on Proz and contacted me by email wanting a job, a translation from Spanish to Portuguese. When asked by me, she had all the answers: a job for university students, she accepted the rate and deadline, and suggested paying me via Apple Pay or mail me a check. Over the weekend, she sent me various emails telling me that she could not go ahead with the Apple Pay, even though she has done it many times before to other people. I have now let her (and the frustration) go, but she wasted a lot of my time.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jenny from California needing a translation from Spanish to Portuguese

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »