For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2011 – Advanced

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2011 – Advanced".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Mónica Belén Colacilli
Mónica Belén Colacilli  Identity Verified
Argentína
Local time: 07:41
Tag (2008 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
May I skip the previous levels? Jan 22, 2013

Hi Becky,

I'd like to take the Studio 2011 Advanced course but I didn't attended the Getting Started nor Intermediate lessons. When I upgraded to Studio 2011, I took a course delivered by my local SDL Trados reseller in Rosario, Argentina. After that, I've been working in a daily basis with this CAT tool but never got my certification.

I read the content, and I consider I should take the Advanced level. May I skip the other two or should I take those exams first?

... See more
Hi Becky,

I'd like to take the Studio 2011 Advanced course but I didn't attended the Getting Started nor Intermediate lessons. When I upgraded to Studio 2011, I took a course delivered by my local SDL Trados reseller in Rosario, Argentina. After that, I've been working in a daily basis with this CAT tool but never got my certification.

I read the content, and I consider I should take the Advanced level. May I skip the other two or should I take those exams first?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Collapse

Eva RUIZ
Eva RUIZ
Spanyolország
Local time: 12:41
angol - spanyol
+ ...
My opinion Jan 22, 2013

Hi Mónica:

As a Trados user I would encourage you to take the 3 certification levels. I was in the same situation as you (Trados user but without certification) and I took the 3 levels.
I recently took the advanced course and I noticed a very big difference of level between the Intermediate and the Advanced. You can learn someting new in each of the 3 levels.

Kind regards.

[Edited at 2013-01-22 16:57 GMT]

Mónica Belén Colacilli
Mónica Belén Colacilli  Identity Verified
Argentína
Local time: 07:41
Tag (2008 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Thank you! Jan 23, 2013

Hi Eva,

I appreciate your reply, and I think you're right... There's always something new to learn

Kind regards,
Mónica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 – Advanced

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »