How can I show in my profile that I accept PayPal?
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 23:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2009

If I want to state in my Proz profile that I accept PayPal, should I enter my PayPal account ID? Is it safe to enter that data? Is there another way to do it?

[Editado a las 2009-07-25 00:36 GMT]

steve_park
steve_park  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 11:30
English to Korean
In memoriam
a couple of ways, but... Jul 25, 2009

Go to Profile - Profile Updater - Financial. You can enter your PayPal email address there, also specify who can the access information. For me, only outsourcers can see the PayPal email address. However, even if they can see it there, they still ask me later So, If you don't want to expose your email address at all, I think you can just write down on your profile, like "I accept PayPal". Hope this helps.

Local time: 23:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Steve Jul 25, 2009

Thank you for your assistance.

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
I vote for that second option Jul 25, 2009

steve_park wrote:

So, If you don't want to expose your email address at all, I think you can just write down on your profile, like "I accept PayPal". Hope this helps.

I started to get spam (in reply to a Good Shopper forum posting) at an email address which I use for Paypal but which isn't otherwise visible on my ProZ profile page. A staff member explained that the only place it appeared was for the Paypal option. So now I simply indicate that I accept payment through PayPal without giving the address.

L

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I show in my profile that I accept PayPal?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »