How can I attach a screenshot with my Kudoz answer?!
Thread poster: Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 02:27
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 3, 2023

Hello my colleagues,

Hope you all are well!

I want to know how can I attach a screenshot with my Kudoz answer. Thank you!

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
HTML tags or drag and drop images Mar 3, 2023

To attach an image one can use HTML tags to create a link to an image hosted at any third-party server. For example,

This is the HTML code of the attached image of a translator above.

Otherwise, if you're a paid member of ProZ, you can just drag and drop your selected image in the "Upload images" section.

Dalia Nour

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Dalia Mar 4, 2023

Dalia Nour wrote:
I want to know how can I attach a screenshot with my Kudoz answer.

In the new version, I have an "Upload image" button available, but perhaps that button is only visible to paying members or Plus members -- I don't know. The simplest way to share a screenshot with a KudoZ answer is to post it as a reference. Use a site like https://imgbb.com to upload the image (ignore the payment plans -- the button at the top gives you access to the free service). Then either post the URL (the image link starting with https) as a "reference" in your KudoZ answer, or try Andriy's method (imgbb has a dropdown list where you can select an HTML "embed code" that you can paste into the answer, so you don't have to know HTML yourself).

Dalia Nour

Dalia Nour
Egypt
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Andriy and @Samuel Mar 4, 2023

Thank you so much! That's really helpful!

But I'm wondering why I don't see the option "Upload Image" or "drag and drop images"? I'm a paying member (plus member). Would you kindly share a screenshot for your Kudoz form? Just to see the difference and contact the technical team to see.

Here's the form that I usually see.

2023-03-04 (2)

[Edited at 2023-03-04 21:33 GMT]

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 00:27
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dalia, Mar 4, 2023

I believe you need to use the new version of the site. On the top of the page you will see this message: "A new version of this page is being developed. Try the new version."
Click on "Try the new version". That way, you will be able to add a screenshot to your KudoZ answers.

Captura de ecrã 2023-03-04 215419

You are using the old version. Or... maybe I'm missing something...?

[Edited at 2023-03-04 22:01 GMT]

Dalia Nour

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Windows Scaling Mar 4, 2023

Dalia Nour wrote:
I'm wondering why I don't see the option "Upload Image" or "drag and drop images"?
Do you use screen scaling other than 100%? Probably 150% or even higher? If yes, that could be the culprit.

Dalia Nour

Dalia Nour
Egypt
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@expressisverbis and @Stepan Mar 6, 2023

Thank you so much!

Yes! I can see now this option in the new version! Thank you so much again!

expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I attach a screenshot with my Kudoz answer?!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »