Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:07
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 24, 2009

Hi, all:

Is it possible to change the background colour of a hotmail account? At night, the white colour is a pain in the....in my eyes. I think this question applies for Yahoo and Gmail accounts too.

A darker colour, like Pro's beige background is better

Thank you in advance.

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 16:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm sure there used to be Apr 24, 2009

But now that I look, I can only see a choice of various "themes", which, while they can at least help to alert you if you're using a number of hotmail accounts, don't rid you of that bright white.

As a result I have accounts in different themes, but also one which I managed to change the colour on a long while back - but it still has the white basic centre.

Wonder if anyone else is cleverer than us at finding options!

Elin Davies
Elin Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Welsh
+ ...
Yes with Gmail Apr 24, 2009

I don't know about hotmail, but I know it's possible with Gmail. I think you can even get it to change as the day goes on so that it replicates the setting sun. It is under Settings>Themes.

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hotmail too Apr 24, 2009

Yaotl,

Look on the right, at the top, under "options". I have it cocoa colored. But the background remains white, I haven't found that either.

And in Gmail, as Elin says, there are lots of possibilities.

I agree that our eyes need a rest, and it's also nice to change the look of things a bit sometimes, rather like changing the tablecloth.

Lucia

[Edited at 20
... See more
Yaotl,

Look on the right, at the top, under "options". I have it cocoa colored. But the background remains white, I haven't found that either.

I agree that our eyes need a rest, and it's also nice to change the look of things a bit sometimes, rather like changing the tablecloth.

Lucia

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:15 GMT]
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:07
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try Apr 24, 2009

Lucia Colombino wrote:

Yaotl,

Lucia

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-04-24 15:15 GMT]

Thank you, colleagues.

It's incredible hotmail doesn't have that simple function. it's becoming painful at nights

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hotmail background

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »