Online consecutive interpreting
Thread poster: Cory Ohira
Cory Ohira
Cory Ohira

Local time: 22:07
Japanese to English
May 9

Seeing that AI has pretty much killed my field, I was thinking of getting back into interpreting. Seeing that I live in a country where I don't speak the local language, I was thinking of doing online/remote interpreting. Is this a viable option? Can you make money/living doing this?

Cherry Chan

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 07:07
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
online interpreting May 16

That is is the best thing that can happen. Stay at home and still work. Commute time is productively converted into "talk time"
I am doing remote consecutive ever since covid start in 2019.
Even before that some companies were asking for remote work.
There are so many video platforms- and every company/establishment has preferred platform.
The only thing that matters is credential, certification, experience and professional membership
When it comes to legal: remembe
... See more
That is is the best thing that can happen. Stay at home and still work. Commute time is productively converted into "talk time"
I am doing remote consecutive ever since covid start in 2019.
Even before that some companies were asking for remote work.
There are so many video platforms- and every company/establishment has preferred platform.
The only thing that matters is credential, certification, experience and professional membership
When it comes to legal: remember the risk- any severe errors may cause mistrial at the extreme.
You will make money- but whether living? depends on no of jobs you do. so this may form one of the income streams.

[Edited at 2024-05-16 19:01 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online consecutive interpreting

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »