Autor de la hebra: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxemburgo
Local time: 02:09
alemán al rumano
+ ...
Apr 27, 2002

There were several topics on the forum regarding relations with the cleints, namely how to make sure they\'re serious. Some have suggested to inquire about company details (fax, address, etc. ) - which from my experience is not always a guarantee, others have suggested to request PO\'s (recently I was asked by an outsourcer to send them a PO ?!!?, as if I was the one who should send the PO) and then again someone suggested to draw up a contract and make your client sign it. So my questions are r... See more
There were several topics on the forum regarding relations with the cleints, namely how to make sure they\'re serious. Some have suggested to inquire about company details (fax, address, etc. ) - which from my experience is not always a guarantee, others have suggested to request PO\'s (recently I was asked by an outsourcer to send them a PO ?!!?, as if I was the one who should send the PO) and then again someone suggested to draw up a contract and make your client sign it. So my questions are related to this last practice, of drawing up a contract, which seems to fall completely in the responsibility of the translator.

First of all, does anyone have a contract sample that is internationally valid and would like to share it with me? Or do you know some links where I could find one?

The other problem is, if you have a contract (signed by the client) what can you do if the client still doesn\'t pay?

I would appreciate any answers relating to this topic, which I am sure would be interesting to others, too, especially since \"Internet clients\" are difficult to evaluate. After all, if you\'re living in Eastern Europe and you have a client in China, for example, you can\'t hop on a plane and get the moeny from them (this also applies if the country is not so far, because travel expenses would exceed the invoice value anyway).

Thanks for all your input
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Polonia
Miembro 2004
inglés al polaco
+ ...
model contracts Apr 27, 2002

You can try the following link:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&eid_c=2127&topic=318&forum=19&6

Here you will find some useful samples.

There is always some degree of risk, but if you have a good contract, properly signed and/or good Purchase Order, certainly the risk is smaller.

Cheers,

Magda ... See more
You can try the following link:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&eid_c=2127&topic=318&forum=19&6

Here you will find some useful samples.

There is always some degree of risk, but if you have a good contract, properly signed and/or good Purchase Order, certainly the risk is smaller.

Cheers,

Magda

Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
España
Miembro
neerlandés al inglés
+ ...
Payment Practices Apr 27, 2002

You can also subscribe to (it is free):

http://www.trwenterprises.com/pp_inquiry.htm

where you can make an inquiry about a translation agency. Another member will usually give you information about the agency using the following format:

Payment terms were:

Invoice(s) issued (date or date range):

Was payment received on time:

The total approximate a
... See more
You can also subscribe to (it is free):

http://www.trwenterprises.com/pp_inquiry.htm

where you can make an inquiry about a translation agency. Another member will usually give you information about the agency using the following format:

Payment terms were:

Invoice(s) issued (date or date range):

Was payment received on time:

The total approximate amount involved was: I have been working with this agency since: Did the agency answer your inquiries about payment?:

Would you work for this agency again?:

And sometimes some comments.

Maybe this would suit you.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International contracts for translation services

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »