Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 10, 2023

Trados 2022's SR1 version has been released. A detailled description of the enhancements and bug fixes in this release are mentioned here, but basically: large files now scroll more smoothly, and you can show file statistics by word count instead of segment count.

Sebastian Witte

Sonia Cunha-Goldner
Sonia Cunha-Goldner
United States
Local time: 08:32
English to Portuguese
Language Weaver with Trados 2022 Jul 10, 2023

I am experiencing difficulties with Language Weaver after upgrading to Trados 2022. The program tends to crash intermittently, making it impossible for me to log in. I have had to uninstall the Language Weaver plugin entirely on several occasions. Can you confirm if these issues have been resolved in this release? Thank you.

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Trados 2022 SR1 release Jul 12, 2023

[quote]Sonia Cunha-Goldner wrote:

I am experiencing difficulties with DeepL. While it worked well until befor the update, it now gives me an error message (horrible gibberish, would add a screenshot of the message, but Proz won't let me). And, yes, my API is correct, it works with all my other CAT tools. I'm afraid that the day when developers at RWC will get it right has not yet come.
So back to another more reliable tool.

[Edited at 2023-07-12 11:40 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:32
English to Russian
Re-install the plugin Jul 12, 2023

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
I am experiencing difficulties with DeepL. While it worked well until befor the update, it now gives me an error message
You simply need to uninstall the plugin for Trados 2022 and install the plugin for Trados 2022 SR1

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
That's what I figured Jul 13, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
I am experiencing difficulties with DeepL. While it worked well until befor the update, it now gives me an error message
You simply need to uninstall the plugin for Trados 2022 and install the plugin for Trados 2022 SR1

...and did, but to no avail, DeepL is there, I can select it but no results are shown. That was yesterday. Today I gave it another try and re-entered the API code (I do not write it but copy it from my Notes sheet, so no error possible) and now it works. Go figure.
Thanks, Stepan.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 13:32
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Language Weaver Jul 14, 2023

I hope I won't get this problem anymore with Language Weaver...

During this weekend I intend to install Trados Studio 2022 SR1, and let's see if I can get rid of Trados abnormal behaviour.

For the ones who are struggling with this machine translation API, I tried to find
... See more
I hope I won't get this problem anymore with Language Weaver...

During this weekend I intend to install Trados Studio 2022 SR1, and let's see if I can get rid of Trados abnormal behaviour.

For the ones who are struggling with this machine translation API, I tried to find some help:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/rws-appstore/f/rws-appstore/48065/i-am-not-able-to-log-in-to-language-weaver/154724
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
My experience Jul 14, 2023

So, I am able to run Trados Studio FL Plus 2021 and 2022 SR1 on 2 machines. So far I haven't had any problems and I hope it keeps this way. I've had my share of difficulties...
Regarding the issue on Language Weaver, I couldn't log in by using the option "Single Sign-On" but instead I could make it with "User Credentials"... and I have downloaded the latest plugin.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Language Weaver problems Jul 25, 2023

Well, I didn't get rid of them with this new Trados Studio version, but now everything is working nicely again!
The best way to download the Language Weaver plugin is through the Add-Ins / RWS AppStore on Trados itself. This way you always have the most recently updated plugins.
I learned from Paul Filkin's precious help that this problem may be due to an error in our account, or because we do not have the languages set in the Trados Studio Settings / Options... it can be many things
... See more
Well, I didn't get rid of them with this new Trados Studio version, but now everything is working nicely again!
The best way to download the Language Weaver plugin is through the Add-Ins / RWS AppStore on Trados itself. This way you always have the most recently updated plugins.
I learned from Paul Filkin's precious help that this problem may be due to an error in our account, or because we do not have the languages set in the Trados Studio Settings / Options... it can be many things, and sometimes the most simple ones can cause a tremendous nightmare.
I advise anyone who has more complicated problems with Language Weaver to get in touch with the RWS community. Their help has been invaluable!
Thanks again to Paul!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2022 SR1 released

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »