Kelly Gill
Kelly Gill
Italy
Local time: 11:46
Member (2008)
Italian to English
May 28, 2021

Good afternoon
Sorry for writing in English but I do not know Swedish.
A good friend of mine had a stroke a few months ago in Italy (where she has lived for many years).
The family is trying to decide whether to move her back to Sweden or not.
I spoke with some of the family members and their English is so-so. If their English was better, I would do it for them but it isn't so it is only creating confusion.

I would like to suggest to them that they find an i
... See more
Good afternoon
Sorry for writing in English but I do not know Swedish.
A good friend of mine had a stroke a few months ago in Italy (where she has lived for many years).
The family is trying to decide whether to move her back to Sweden or not.
I spoke with some of the family members and their English is so-so. If their English was better, I would do it for them but it isn't so it is only creating confusion.

I would like to suggest to them that they find an interpreter and organize a meeting via skype/zoom so they can speak with the doctor, hear what he has to say, find out the real risks of moving her and hopefully find the best solution for my friend.

Their economic situation is pretty bad. Do any of you know if this service is provided at Italian hospitals or even in Sweden (she is a Swedish national), if there is an association that deals with these things.
Or somebody willing to help out from the bottom of their heart.

Thank you very much for any suggestions or ideas.
Collapse

Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:46
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
There should be a provider inside the hospital May 31, 2021

I was once enrolled as interpreter for a Swedish boy found at the railway station who had a memory gap. The enrolling person was from a cooperative company who deals with interpreters in any languages inside the hospital. It's quite often Arabic or Spanish or other African languages, but they have a system. So I guess they can ask the hospital to arrange the meeting and I guess the cost is paid by the NHS.

Another time, at the Court, it turned out that we were two interpreters for
... See more
I was once enrolled as interpreter for a Swedish boy found at the railway station who had a memory gap. The enrolling person was from a cooperative company who deals with interpreters in any languages inside the hospital. It's quite often Arabic or Spanish or other African languages, but they have a system. So I guess they can ask the hospital to arrange the meeting and I guess the cost is paid by the NHS.

Another time, at the Court, it turned out that we were two interpreters for the same hearing, one encolled in Italy at the side of the guilty, and one in Sweden at the side of the "wounded". Both paid by the court (well, the Italian courts/hospital pay quite badly!).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ISO: info on Swedish interpreters for people in Italian hospitals

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »