*Need Help ASAP* - Matecat not providing TM recommendations, No Fuzzy Matches, Only MT prompts
Thread poster: Laurie Bennett
Laurie Bennett
Laurie Bennett  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:11
French to English
Jan 11, 2019

Hello! Thanks for reading. I am hoping for help as soon as possible. Have you seen this problem before? (Looks like MateCat is closed for the weekend, so I am reaching out here). The problem:

I no longer get any fuzzy matches or suggestions from the TM, as I work through the document. I am only getting MT suggestions. Even if I translate a segment, then 2 segments later the text is roughly 90% the same, I get only the initial MT suggestion and NO fuzzy match based on my translation.
... See more
Hello! Thanks for reading. I am hoping for help as soon as possible. Have you seen this problem before? (Looks like MateCat is closed for the weekend, so I am reaching out here). The problem:

I no longer get any fuzzy matches or suggestions from the TM, as I work through the document. I am only getting MT suggestions. Even if I translate a segment, then 2 segments later the text is roughly 90% the same, I get only the initial MT suggestion and NO fuzzy match based on my translation. With a 17000 word document, this is very slow and prone to inconsistency. I don't know what to do. Thanks ahead of time.
Collapse

Laurie Bennett
Laurie Bennett  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:11
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
*SOLVED* Jan 11, 2019

MateCat recently added the language English-CA (for Canadian English). For some reason, it is not functioning properly and is unable to communicate with the private TM.

[Edited at 2019-01-11 19:51 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

*Need Help ASAP* - Matecat not providing TM recommendations, No Fuzzy Matches, Only MT prompts

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »