Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Exporting my BigMama to Trados txt - how long???
Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen
FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:33
English to Hungarian
+ ...
best of luck Aug 30, 2008

Wolfgang Jörissen wrote:

FarkasAndras wrote:

That's a pretty ridiculous pace.
I take it you're using deja vu, right? How long would it take to import such a file?

Trados might have a faster import/export, but I am quite happy with the translation features of DVX, so I do not see any reason to switch.

... and I didn't mean that you should switch at all, I was just surprised that it takes so long with DVX compared to trados. As I said, it's just text and you have reasonably powerful hardware. Inefficient implementation I guess.

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:33
French to English
+ ...
Import first into the lexicon Sep 4, 2008

Kevin Lossner wrote:
I've been trying to get up the nerve to import that awful TM from the EU for months, but I'd have to plan to have the system tied up for a few days.

You could import it first into the Lexicon which is lightning fast in comparison (only taking a few minutes) and then send the lexicon to the TM which again only takes a short time.
Importing big TMs straight into a DVX MDB does indeed take an inordinate amount of time so there must be major flaw somewhere in the works. I believe Atril have identified the problem and are working on it.

David Turner

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting my BigMama to Trados txt - how long???

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »