Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

Hi all,

Already posted this on "The Beast", but crossposting it here, let's see who's first to answer:

After having checked all of my settings once again, I am seriously wondering what is going on.

7.5.303 Workgroup, WinXP, project with Trados Workbench docs, 3 TMs selected, all of them with read, write and reverse.
Pretranslation settings:
Accept only exact - deact.
Assemble from portions - deact. (I only want exacts and fuzzys at this po
... See more
Hi all,

Already posted this on "The Beast", but crossposting it here, let's see who's first to answer:

After having checked all of my settings once again, I am seriously wondering what is going on.

7.5.303 Workgroup, WinXP, project with Trados Workbench docs, 3 TMs selected, all of them with read, write and reverse.
Pretranslation settings:
Accept only exact - deact.
Assemble from portions - deact. (I only want exacts and fuzzys at this point)
No overwriting options selected
Database lookups in options set as low as 55%
All databases compacted and repaired

What happens is that fuzzy matches (sometimes 90%+) do show up in the AutoSearch Sentences section, but DVX just refuses to insert them during a pre-translate run.

Any ideas?

TIA
Wolfgang
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
repair project Jul 23, 2008

Hi Wolfgang,

Did you consider repairing the project? It sometimes helps to solve this problem.

HTH

Selcuk

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems to have worked Jul 23, 2008

Hi Selcuk,

This must have been the only thing I did not think of. But it seems to have done the trick, I do get fuzzy matches inserted now.

Thanks!

Wolfgang

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy matches won't insert while pretranslating

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »