https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/152021-sdl_synergy_error_on_windows_7.html?

SDL Synergy Error on Windows 7
Thread poster: Gianluigi Desogus, PhD
Gianluigi Desogus, PhD
Gianluigi Desogus, PhD  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:33
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2009

Hello,

I just installed SDL Trados 2007 on a new laptop running Windows 7.
While Workbench and SDLX work fine, every time I reboot my PC I get an error message from Windows saying that Synergy has stopped working (and in fact it does not run when I try to launch it from the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance folder).
To be honest, in the last couple of years I've never had the need to use Synergy but this error message popping up at every reboot is slightly annoying.

... See more
Hello,

While Workbench and SDLX work fine, every time I reboot my PC I get an error message from Windows saying that Synergy has stopped working (and in fact it does not run when I try to launch it from the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance folder).
To be honest, in the last couple of years I've never had the need to use Synergy but this error message popping up at every reboot is slightly annoying.

Has anyobody else experienced this on Windows 7?
Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Gianluigi
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:33
French to Polish
+ ...
Speed Launcher... Nov 28, 2009

Gianluigi Desogus, PhD wrote:

For me, the only one interesting Synergy function is/was the batch QA verification for huge TTX projects.
Otherwise, it's completely unusable.

Has anyobody else experienced this on Windows 7?

It worked fine for me in the RC versions...

Is there a workaround?

Delete the SDL Trados 2007 Speed Launcher shortcut from the Startup group in the Start menu.

Cheers
GG

Gianluigi Desogus, PhD
Portugal
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem "solved" Nov 30, 2009

Thanks,

In the end I simply uninstelled Sinergy.
On the SDL knowledgebase they say it's a compatibility problem between Synergy and 64-bit-based systems. There is a patch but only for Studio, not for SDL Trados 2007.

Thanks!

Gigi

Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:33
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Error while installing Trados 2007 on W7 Dec 18, 2009

Hi,

I am not able to install Trados 2007 on Windows 7. The error message is: Error 1606 Could Not Access Network Location C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office\Word\START UP

Have you experienced problems while installation?

SDL Portugal-Support told me Trados 2007 would not work on W7...

I checked the forum on SDL wupport (Talisma) and nothing...

Could anyone help me out please?

Kind regards,

Paul

Gianluigi Desogus, PhD
Portugal
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XP emulator mode Dec 19, 2009

I have SDL Trados 2007 running under Windows 7 Pro and it works fine. The only problematic module was Sinergy which I uninstalled. Both Tag Editor and SDLX work smoothly in my case.
If you have Windows 7 Pro you can download a Windows XP Emulator Mode from the Microsoft Website and then your SDL Trados 2007 should work fine as it's run in the XP environment.

Gianluigi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Synergy Error on Windows 7

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »