wordfast classic paste a match from top-down menu
Thread poster: hemavertaal
hemavertaal
hemavertaal
Netherlands
Jul 15, 2020

It's no longer possible to select a match in the drop down menu and paste it by clicking on enter.
When I click on enter a blank line appears. I'm working with the full version of Wordfast Classic 8.22. Does anybody know what can be the problem? I already tried to (dis)enable the function 'past top match' in AS.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:17
English to French
+ ...
Have you tried rebooring? Jul 15, 2020

That issue has plagued several beta releases in recent weeks, but should not happen in the public version.

In my experience, some of Wf issues linked to pasting glossary or TM suggestions may, or may not, disappear after Ending the Wf session (Alt+End) (for safety, I press that key combination several times) and re-starting it. It is worth a try.

hemavertaal
hemavertaal
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
rebooting Jul 15, 2020

Yes! This worked. Amazing how simple a solution can be. Thank you very much.

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:17
English to French
+ ...
Sorry about the typo! Jul 15, 2020

Rebooting solve most PC issues. I have recommended rebooting for well over 30 years.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wordfast classic paste a match from top-down menu

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »