Thread poster: Mohammad Ghaffari
Mohammad Ghaffari
Mohammad Ghaffari  Identity Verified
Member (2019)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Dec 4, 2019

When I want to open a GLP package, I encounter this error:

XLIFF file validation was unsuccessful. File name: PA Denial Approval Reasons - Reopen Retro1 Retro2_preflight-MS Excel_TXLF-fa#TR_ULQST#.xlsx.txlf. Reason: [error location: row:1 column:1846, reason:cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'gs4tr:uuid' is not allowed to appear in element 'file'.]

How can I solve it?

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:10
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 5 Version Dec 4, 2019

What is the version of Wordfast Pro 5 that you use? Is it installed on a MS Windows PC?

Mohammad Ghaffari
Member (2019)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
5.6.0 Dec 4, 2019

It's 5.6.0 run on Windows 7.

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:10
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Same Issue Dec 4, 2019

I have encountered the same issue several times when running Wordfast Pro 5.8.0 on MS Windows 8.1 and I blame it on the fact that this is an outdated version with the current one being 5.12.1. However, I am not sure. I haven't tested the new version yet.

Mohammad Ghaffari

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:10
English to Czech
You need Wordfast Pro 5.12 Dec 4, 2019

The 'gs4tr:uuid' attribute is something new Wordfast Pro 5.12 adds in TXLF files. Older Wordfast Pro 5 versions don't know the attribute and refuse to open the file…

Hence, you need Wordfast Pro 5.12 in order to open the file. You should be able to download and install 5.12, unless you are using 32-bit Windows (5.10 and newer require 64-bit Windows).

[Thinking aloud: alternatively, you could hack th
... See more
The 'gs4tr:uuid' attribute is something new Wordfast Pro 5.12 adds in TXLF files. Older Wordfast Pro 5 versions don't know the attribute and refuse to open the file…

Hence, you need Wordfast Pro 5.12 in order to open the file. You should be able to download and install 5.12, unless you are using 32-bit Windows (5.10 and newer require 64-bit Windows).

[Thinking aloud: alternatively, you could hack the TXLF file, i.e. open it in a text editor and remove the offending attribute. You would probably need some XML experience to do it, though. I don't know, however, if the attribute is required in the file when you send it back to your client who obviously uses 5.12.]
Collapse

Mohammad Ghaffari

Mohammad Ghaffari
Member (2019)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 4, 2019

Thank you, David and Andriy. I installed 5.12 and the problem was solved.

Rachael Pennington
Rachael Pennington
Spain
Local time: 20:10
Spanish to English
Thank you! Jan 5, 2020

Thanks for your help here – I had the same issue and managed to open the txlf as a .txt file and remove the offending attribute. All seems to be working well now.

Thanks again!

Heidi Wecxsteen
Heidi Wecxsteen  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same thing with WF 5.16 Aug 20, 2020

Hello!

Thanks for this post, it prompted me to try updating my WF 5.12 to WF5.16 and solved the problem!

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"XLIFF file validation was unsuccessful": Error when opening a package

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »