Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:59
English to German
+ ...
Jun 16, 2019

Hi
I'd like to use WFP5 more than I do currently, but there are to many important (for me) features still missing. So if those requested recently will be implemented in the upcoming upgrade, when can we expect this update?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2019-06-17 19:10 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Wolfgang Jun 16, 2019

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
I'd like to use WFP5 more than I do currently, but there are to many important (for me) features still missing. So if those requested recently will be implemented in the upcoming upgrade...

Where were they requested? Or, where is a list of these "recently requested" features? Do the WFP5 developers give any insights anywhere about which features they're working on for the next release?

...when can we expect this update?

That is a good question. They're already 3 months overdue (if you take past performance as a guideline).

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jun 16, 2019

[quote]Samuel Murray wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
I'd like to use WFP5 more than I do currently, but there are to many important (for me) features still missing. So if those requested recently will be implemented in the upcoming upgrade...

Where were they requested? Or, where is a list of these "recently requested" features? Do the WFP5 developers give any insights anywhere about which features they're working on for the next release?

Requests for feature implementation were send partly on the list and partly directly to developers.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jun 16, 2019

[quote]Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Requests for feature implementation were send partly on the list and partly directly to developers.

For a start, here is what I requested. Answer from developers was that several of these point were already on their list:
- Remove the short time delay when clicking and holding on a selection for drag and drop
- The Terminology window is way to small, should be detachable
- ALT+F12 should insert selected source word(s) at target segment cursor position not at the end of the segment
- Make selection of multiple segments possible
- Shortcut to confirm (OK) the „Add term“ window without having to use the mouse (or: how do I give immediate focus to the OK button without using the mouse or having to tap tab key twice)
- Make pop-up of Help bubbles optional, globally, it’s extremely unnerving
- Pinning active segment in the middle of the grid
- Export of sdlppx files as sdlrpx

Rox-Edling

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jul 5, 2019

...and thank you for the big silence from developers' side. Maybe the date of the update is not yet known, but what about a timeframe?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
RC testing ongoing Jul 8, 2019

Hi Wolfgang,
5.9 was a major under-the-hood java update that won’t be released.
There is a release candidate for 5.10 that is now being beta tested and debugged.
5.10 added in Quicktools all of the tools that were missing from WFP3, namely: extract frequents (renamed as extract uniques), populate frequents, split/merge TXLF files, invert source/target, and Transcheck.
Release dates are hard to pin down as they depend on how many bugs are identified during QA and beta te
... See more
Hi Wolfgang,
There is a release candidate for 5.10 that is now being beta tested and debugged.
5.10 added in Quicktools all of the tools that were missing from WFP3, namely: extract frequents (renamed as extract uniques), populate frequents, split/merge TXLF files, invert source/target, and Transcheck.
Release dates are hard to pin down as they depend on how many bugs are identified during QA and beta testing and the time it takes to fix them.
My guess is that 5.10 will be released within the next 2 to 6 weeks.
Kind regards,
John
Collapse

Philippe Locquet
Stefan Stefanov

Wolfgang Schoene
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When can we expect the update Jul 8, 2019

John Di Rico wrote:

Hi Wolfgang,
Release dates are hard to pin down as they depend on how many bugs are identified during QA and beta testing and the time it takes to fix them.
My guess is that 5.10 will be released within the next 2 to 6 weeks.
Kind regards,
John

Thanks John for your reply.

Regards
Wolfgang

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP5 -- when can we expect the update?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »